Why to design the Digital video story project instead? the NETs standards for teachers.
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity.
Teacher use their knowledge of subject matter, technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity in both face to face and virtual environment.
a) Engage students in exploring concept understanding in using digital tools and resources.
2. Design and develop digital-age learning experiences and assessments
a) Design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and
resources to promote students learning and creativity.
Demonstration on how to proceed this project work:
Firstly, I choose one of the most popular Chinese idioms-自相矛盾, and find this cartoon movie on YouTube. The cartoon story below is very well told to explain how this idiom was created.
Secondly, based on the fundamental understanding of this idiom, I develop a digital story that the theme of the story could be summarized exactly with this particular idiom, so that the audience can see how this idiom fits in certain situation and gain clear understanding of how to interpret the meaning of this particular phrase.
Students are to produce their own digital story on the respective Chinese idiom assigned to them.
What are those standards the students are going to obtain throughout this project exceptionally? AASL [American Association Of School Librarians] Standards
- 2.1.6 Use writing process, media and visual literacy, and technology skills to create products that express new understandings.
- 2.2.4 Demonstrate personal productivity by completing products to express learning;
- 2.1.4 Use technology and other info tools to analysis and organise info
- 2.1.5 collaborate with others to exchange idieas, develop new understandings, make decisions.
- 3.1.3 Use writing and speaking skills to communicate new understandings effectively.
- 3.1.4 Use technology and other information tools to organise and display knowledge and understanding in ways that others can view, use and access.
- 3.3.2 Respect the different interests and experiences of others, and seek a variety of viewpoints.
- 4.1.7 Use social networks and information tools to gather and share information.
- 4.1.8 Use Creative and artist formats to express peronal learning.
- 4.4.5 Develop personal criteria for gauging how effectively own ideas are expressed.
I look forward to seeing my students' creative works on this project.
Please click here to look at the project sketch.